Monday, February 28, 2011

Oxford Cloth Napkins

Martha Stewart's Body+Soul magazine had a great idea for recycling old worn-out men's shirts--cut them up and turn them into cloth napkins! I wish I had some on hand as cute as THEIR shirts! The day after I saw this idea, I told my grandma about it, and she gave me some of my granddad's old plaid button-down shirts to make into sets of cloth napkins, one for her and one for us.

Ellis (and my mom!) have me on a pretty tight leash right now where projects and crafts are concerned--they keep reminding me that we're moving in 2 months and not to accumulate any more craft supplies, but I think this should be pretty much perfect!

Check out some more of Body+Soul's great ideas--25 Eco-Chic Ideas for Your Home!


5 comments:

Grace said...

What a great idea! To bad my husband doesn't have worn out oxfords to share. Hey maybe I could thrift some?

Ali Tong said...

Oh, super cute! Now I am super bummed because we just took a GARBAGE bag FULL of old button up shirts of Pauls to the Salvation Army! I wonder if they'd let me have them back? ;)

Good idea about thrifting them, Grace, I often find a lot of nice shirts that are the wrong size and at Salvation Army they're often .99cents!

Mindful Musings said...

Love this idea- can't wait to see the results- though I have to admit the thought of wiping my chin with papa's shirts feels a bit creepy.

Hope said...

yeah! thrifting is a great idea! and then you can pick your favorite patterns! and get ones that make a good set!

Unknown said...

THESE ARE ADORABLE!! I want to make some right now!! I better jot this down in my "crafts to-do" file :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...